After being here for just one month I am getting so many localized web design leads and referrals that I don’t really know what to do with them all. I have had to search for an extra pair of hands so that I can grow my business.
All this is thanks to my incredibly simple Phoenix internet marketing strategy. In this article I will reveal exactly how I did it so that you can copy me.
A quick word of warning though. These are all practical steps that you can take for your business. There is no wizardry involved.
Tip #1 – Simple local directory postings
The first thing I did before I moved to the valley, was list myself in about 8 different directories like Yelp, Insider Pages, Foursquare, Manta etc.
The one that has referred me the most amount of traffic has been Manta – to my surprise. I have never heard of them before, but they allow you to post a lot of detail about your business on there. Since they get over 700,000 visitors per day, it is well worth it.
They also have some premium options available for increased visibility. I will definitely try it out in the next few months and write up a case study about it.
Tip #2 – Localized SEO (easier than you think)
The great thing about my localized SEO strategy is that it doesn’t cost me a dime – nada. I have talked about this topic a lot in previous articles, but it works so well. It is the reason why I am in the top of Google for ‘Phoenix web design’, ‘Phoenix Website design’, and a host of other keywords.
In a nutshell, I just blog my little hiney off. Targeting localized keywords in blog posts is so incredibly easy. In fact I am doing it right now. Do you think it is a coincidence that I am writing about Phoenix internet marketing?
To copy this, simply find a list of keywords by using the Google keyword tool and pick the ones with a reasonable number of searches next to them. Then spin the titles into blog posts.
The keyword I chose was ‘Phoenix internet marketing’ and I spun it into Phoenix Internet Marketing: My Incredibly Simple Strategy.
I strongly suggest you read this article, because I go into more detail about using blogging to market your website without a budget.
Tip #3 – Using your website for networking
This has worked really well for me in the past 5 weeks. I joined Networking Phoenix and signed up to a bunch of networking events. I then use my website to generate offline leads. I know it sounds weird, but if you have an active blog it is actually very easy and effective.
I always ask people at the networking events how they generate most of their business. Funnily enough most of them said “via referrals”. When they ask me how I get my business I simply let them know that I am in the top of Google for 5 different ‘Phoenix web design’ related keywords.
They immediately want to know ‘how’. So I said that it is a long story, but I will send them a couple of articles I have written, and then I give them the ‘3 easy steps’ elevator pitch about my website structure and how I use it.
The next day I send them a list of articles and I am immediately the ultimate expert on the subject in their eyes. I also add them to my email list so that I can continually send them new articles I am writing.
Tip #4 – Simple Email Marketing
Now that you are writing specific articles about Phoenix related topics, you need to find a way to distribute them. And email is the perfect way. Now that you are collecting information from people in your network, you can email them your content and politely ask them to share it.
It seems basic, but it does work. People read so many things on the internet and they love it when something mentions their city or town. That means they are more likely to forward it on to their friends and colleagues. I recently closed a client who was sent one of my articles.
6 Other Useful Internet Marketing Tips I Didn’t Use
- Pay per click – I know this is old news, but it works wonders for your business if you do it right. Make sure that your website is optimized for conversions though otherwise you will waste your money.
- Replyz.com – This wonderful tool allows your business to connect to Twitter users who are asking questions about your products or industry. Open an account and respond to their questions with links back to helpful articles.
- Perfect Audience – Once your visitors leave your website your ads will follow them to Facebook. This form of ‘retargeting’ your visitors has an extremely high ROI.
- Guest Blogging – Find other people with blogs in your industry and write a great article for them. I have received tons of business in the past like this, but I haven’t done it within the Phoenix area. Make sure you read this article before going down this path though.
- Pay Per Post – Pay bloggers to write about your business or service. I have not done this before, because I haven’t needed to, but I have heard that it works great.
- Sponsored Tweets – Pay influencers to tweet about your product, website, or article. You can spend as much or as little as you want. There are tons of celebrities and business leaders that are willing to take your cash in exchange for a tweet.
Go as fast or as slow as you want
The only reason why I haven’t implemented everything in mentioned in this post is because I simply don’t want to. I am getting enough business for now and I am afraid of growing too fast. This is only the tip of the iceberg though.
If you want some free advice on what to do with your internet marketing budget then just give me a call or send me an email, I will be happy to help you out.
Latest posts by Peter Visser (see all)
- Why I Had to Stop Blogging - October 4, 2013
- Phoenix Internet Marketing: My Incredibly Simple Strategy - August 22, 2013
- 4 Powerful Techniques to Close Deals Every Time - August 15, 2013